Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Moving right along

The move of boxes and etc went well, we have almost everything over at Lillian Court now, excepting some clothes and a few dishes, the cats and us.
Large furniture move occurs on Sat 10th May and that will be the end of things, thank goodness. On the 10th we will have to be careful on our route West. It is Arlington Day, and some central Arlington roads will be closed. Seems to me we will use U. S. Route 50 West (the same one that runs all the way to California!) and then the Beltway inner loop up to Virginia State Route 267 West. More on those plans Wednesday and Thursday.
I set up the computer at the new place and it works well, though of course now it is living at the other place so no computer in the evenings in Arlington for us. I posted the pics we used to document the scratches, defects, etc on flickr, but we will post nice pics sometime soon.  If we can find the camera charger, maybe we will even post moving day shots!
At lunchtime today I will call Dominion Power to make sure the account is transferred to my name. Washington Gas is done, and goodness me they took a time!

No comments: