Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Frost! A chilly ride into work this morning...


Frost!
Originally uploaded by elliottcable
But so good to get back on the bike. The traffic home last night was truly horrible, and boring, and oil is at $93.53, and the extra exercise will be good for me, so...
It was cold setting off and I should have worn the outer gloves as well, but it was very, very nice - even cycling through Ballston on the Fairfax Drive bike lane on the way to the Custis trail. Joining the trail there was a gigantic traffic backup on the Ballston on-ramp, so of course I felt smug about winding my way along at about twice their speed.
Gradually the sun rose enough to shine on me and it was lovely. The playing field about a 1/3rd of the way along was fully covered in frost - hence the pic and the exclamation mark! Tomorrow I'll bring the camera along and snap what I can see.
I also started to think about how much it must cost to drive those ten miles. Maybe as much as $10-15? Yikes.

No comments: