Friday, January 4, 2008

Trust and Bad Reviews

So Lisa's post about writing occasionally grouchy reviews reminded me of Pauline Kael writing about film, and how the vast majority of movies were given a rather curmudgeonly and probably deserved raspberry. This could be said to establish solid trust in the occasional good review. One simply doesn't have the time to read every reasonable book (unless one reads at Kristin or Lisa speeds), or see every OK movie, so when looking for the best things the harshest reviewer is very valuable.

Happy Thoughts and Book Reviews: New Year's Resolutions - and a new thing to blog about...

1 comment:

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

If it was just bad reviews, I would think I need to pick better books. I was being cranky about EVERYTHING. I don't think I had anything nice to say for days. But, with having to think of something nice to say, I am improving. At least, I hope I am... You'd have to ask Higgy to be sure.