Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lovely and slow ride in today

I had to get the muscles awake after a long rest :)

It was lovely to see the colors on the trees, and the squirrels scampering around. Lisa tells me she saw a sparrow hawk on the way to Falls Church this morning.

Cycling really has become a super way of getting to work, and also just enjoying the outdoors;
plus nice things happen, which is rare for the commute. Today for example a delivery truck stopped and waited for me. I gave the driver a big smile and a wave, and he waved back. A nice human interaction. Maybe part of what makes us bad in cars is that they dehumanize both the driver and people who just see the car, not the driver. On the bike I may be a wash of fluorescence and light, but I'm still definitely me :)


Photo of Sparrow Hawk by Andrew Pescod

No comments: